October 24, 2010

Grateful for being Great-Ful

As many of you know, in September of this year I started a challenge with a community of women who are at the least inspiring but at the most divine. These women truly are a God send and have proven to be some of THE most phenomenal Queens that I have ever had the honor of meeting.

On September 26, 2010 my life changed forever, for I became a part of The Fastgirls community!

I am so grateful for being great-ful! 

Many times we know what we are capable of yet we choose to not operate to our greatest ability. Being a single mother time management is sometimes very challenging for me. It seemed easier once upon a time but when my daughter turned 2 years old I found myself running in circles. Between taking care of my daughter, working through the pain of my mother's passing, and bouncing back from a dramatic breakup I had lost the way. I still worked but I worked in a way where I was exhausted and frustrated; not sure if the dream I was chasing was even worth catching anymore. I knew WHAT I wanted to do but the questions were always COULD I REALLY DO THAT? DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE? I had a tendency to compare my skills, my knowledge, and my experience to others in my field and I would feel like my vision would never be able to come to pass. 

Then one day I was sitting at home, ironically working on my business plan when my sister Jasmine called me and asked if I woud be interested in the lastest Fast Girls challenge. After hearing all of the details I was excited...

NEVER DID I EVER IN A MILLION YEARS THINK IT WOULD BE THIS CHALLENGING YET THIS REWARDING!

I've gotten more accomplished during this challenge than I have in about a year. I now recognize the total great-ness of my vision and my ideas and the possibilities that I have been standing on all of this time. I am learning more about myself everyday and pushing myself to limits I haven't see in years. 

To the Fastgirls: THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

To Almitra and Sallome: THANK YOU for being pillars of strength, and courage, and wisdom.

To Team Sacral: THANK YOU for your continued love, support, and encouragement. 

To Jasmine: THANK YOU for thinking of me during the birth of this challenge. 

PEACE, LOVE, AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL!


0 remarks:

Post a Comment